Friday, July 15, 2011

Story part 3: Enter Thor

 "It's about time you got here, I didn't think you were gonna show."

"Seriously? When have I ever bailed on you?"

"Remember that night I got into a fight with that raider in the outskirt bar?"

"I didn't tell you to call him out for 'Giving you the stink eye'."

"Yeah whatever. So, are you ready for this? I mean I'm not sure what exactly to expect with these people, I've never dealt with them."

"Why exactly are you dealing with them?"

"About a month ago, Sazz personally came in here. He told me that he wanted me to order something for him from a small group of specialty traders. When I asked why, he said that if I knew what was good for me I'd shut my yap and do what he asked."

"As long as it pays well, I don't need to know anything."

I walk around the store as Thor writes down the info for my trip. Walking past one of the counters I see a ring siting in a box on a shelf.

"Hey what kind of ring is this?"

"That's a silver ring with an emerald set in it. Some traveler came in here and pawned it. Hahaha, I gave the guy 50 caps. It's easily worth 300, stupid travelers."

"Yeah, stupid travelers."

Thinking that it is exactly what Frank was asking for, I reached out and snatched the ring of the shelf, quickly sticking it in my jackets pocket. It's gonna be a fun day when he realizes this baby is gone. It's for a good cause, right?

"So are the directions written up yet" I ask hoping to get out of there as fast as possible.

"Yeah, here they are. It should take about three days to walk, so I have prepeared a bag of the essentials: 6 canteens, a rollout bed, some fire starter, and just in case, I threw in a little firepower."

"O.K. then, I'll see you in a week"

"Hey, Something isn't right about this trip. Be careful Blane."

"Aren't I always?"

4 comments:

  1. All 3 parts have been great reads so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your write this? if you did, great talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i wrote this. its been a labor of love for the past couple of years. im just releasing it little by little for now. beginning this was easy, trying to come up with an end that lives up to all the build up is hard.

    ReplyDelete