Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Story part 2: Welcome to Vegas

I raise my head and look around, a few more poeple have joined me since I first came in this small, run down church. Each of these people come here every day hoping that their gods will answer them and grant their desires. I get up and leave the building, blinded for a few seconds as my eyes adjust to the sun. When things come into focus, I see the outskirts of a city slowly being taken back by the deserts that it once dominated. Welcome to Las Vegas the sign reads as I walk into town, seeking out Thor's General Store. He is one of the few people I can tolerate in this world, not to mention I get steady buisness from him. In front of me is a 10 foot tall wall, the protective wall around the city meant to keep out the... freaks... from the wastes. I walk up to the giant door and am met by one of the guards of Vegas. He is a huge man, built up from military training and super steroids developed by the few remaining chemists.

"Hey, Frank" I say, flashing my I.D. badge.

"Hello, Mr. Xeno. Coming in to trade?"

"Not today, I have a special job. Just coming to get the info and them I'm a ghost."

"Alright then, I'll get Red to open the gate. HEY RED, WE'VE GOT ANOTHER ONE COMING THROUGH!"

I hear the whine of a motor kick on and the gates slowly begin to open.

"Oh, and Mr. Xeno. If you happen across any fine jewelry while on your little treck I would pay well for it. My anniversary is coming up and I'd like to get the wife something special."

"I'll keep a look out for anything. See ya later Frank."

I walk though the open gates and hear them close behind me. looking around I see the terrible degridation of the city. walking down the streets i first notice the smell, a combination of smoke from machines and human waste. Then I am met with the sights of the inner town. I see drug addicts lieing in the streets, some dead of overdose and some that should be. On each corner there is a small group of scantily clad women, obviously prostitutes to everyone not blind. Hearing them call out to me makes me laugh. I knew some of them in a biblical sence, I wont lie. Even thought I loved one once, but learned the hard way the they're all business. As I drew closer to Thor's I ran into a group of men transporting large crates. They work for a man by the name of Sazz. He runs the city, by controlling everything. Although no one would admit it, he is the boss of a small crime syndicate in New Vegas. A city that began under criminal control and shall end under criminal control. I turn the corner and see a big sign that says "Thor's General Store." I walk in and am met by a big guy cleaning a .44. He looks up at me and grins.

17 comments:

  1. I love Sci-Fi! Cool story ;)
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice reading, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have some real talent for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good read. Thanks for sharing man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great story, can't wait for the next parts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gimme some brah
    click my site too
    i like yer writing
    but you must follow and click thru or i will give up
    brothas gotta earn, nowaddameen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story mate!
    Keep updating with stories.
    Following

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn that was super entertaining. You should write a book! I love post apocalyptic plots!! I would read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. damn intense man. keep em comin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice story
    +1 Follow
    problemchild420.blogspot.com
    check me out for random

    ReplyDelete
  11. sazz runs thr city by controling everything? =P a little starcraft referrence there is it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. have you ever thought of writting a book ?
    you have talent, im amazed by your history, keep those coming
    followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome story, you sound very talented "). Cool story bro!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very excellent writing style. I like how you placed the paragraphs and whatnot.

    http://yearningandlearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete