Monday, July 25, 2011

F.E.A.R.

so for this i decided to share my greatest fears. most peoples greatest fears are quite irrational and mine are no different. i have no idea where my most deep fear comes from... i cant really tell where any of my fears stem, but it come from somewhere.

Fear 1: falling from great heights.
i think that a lot of people have this fear, but its not a major one. now that i think about this, i think it come from a traumatic experience from childhood. back when i was a kid my brother and i had bunk beds. me being older i got top. one night i must have been having a crazy nightmare, because i woke up and i was falling to the ground. i hit pretty hard (i was 4 or 5 at the time) and i think that waking up from a nightmare to realize that you are falling would scar anyone.

Fear 2: driving fast and having breaks fail.
this pretty much comes through in my dreams. my nightmares no longer consist of monsters and disasters like volcanoes, or tornadoes. those things actually lead into a great dream, however once i get in a car it seems nothing good can come of it. my car seems to speed up to extreme speeds and i have to weave in and out of traffic, also the car is sliding and fish-tailing like crazy. this usually lead to me heading toward a wall or something. as i try to step on the brake nothing happens. i never think of getting out of the car or just shutting off the car or just trying to throw it into park. i have had my brakes fail on me once, but it was recent enough not to have affected the dreams as they have been happening for a while.

Fear 3: this one is the most irrational and i cant place it origin. imagine you are on a boat, its a bright sunny day and you can see deep into the water watching sharks and dolphins and fish just swimming around. eventually the water is too deep to see through it. its at that point that you realize that the massive black mass you assumed was just the point that light cant penetrate the water is actually a creature swimming below you.

now imagine being in the water and seeing this thing swimming toward you.

THAT is my greatest fear. massive sea monsters attacking. living in Tampa Florida there is a massive bridge over the ocean that is about 5.5 miles long. driving along this and looking at the matter surrounding me, no possible way to get to land in time if there was a sea monster attack is the most stressful experience I've had.

So tell me, not necessarily in such detail, what your greatest fear is

13 comments:

  1. My biggest fear is to go outside my house. (I live in a very violent city)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death, snakes and spiders hahahah yeah im such a wuss.
    Your fear to heights its ok, many many people have it. The second one is a bit crazy, that very very very rarely happens, and the third one is just plain crazy hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. the game with the creepiest story ever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated the FEAR games, but I hear you about being scared of sea monsters. There are things in the ocean we can't even fathom, I don't just think I HOPE. I PRAY that there are giant monsters underwater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried to play F.E.A.R. once and just couldnt get through the first level. Maybe im taking some games way to serious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undersea monsters are cute degeso

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first two really aren't that irrational, or at least that's what i tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely fearless, nothing can irrita- AH F*CK SPIDER!
    No seriously, I mean it *wipes sweat*

    Your last fear reminded me of the one scene in Cloverfield. Where that thing just destroyed the whole bridge from the water

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the third fear is actually more common than you'd think. I'm mostly afraid of centipedes and spiders (both of which live in my house).

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i cant believe thats your biggest fear. dont get me wrong i am scared of that happening too, but im never close enough to ocean to worry about it much! maybe you should move! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sea Monsters! That would be scary! I had a friend who had a huge fear of whales for no reason, he hadn't even seen one in real life before, but he reacted to pictures of whales like most people do when confronted by tarantulas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sea Monsters! That's a totally rational fear you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same exact fears except the last one, but I am scared of water at times.

    ReplyDelete